A hardware tech site for the rest of us.



HIS HD 6570 Silence
Kingwin Dock Master II
HIS HD 6870 IceQ X Turbo X
Kingwin KF-252
HIS HD 6800 Series
Arctic GPU Cooler
Acrtic P311 Headset

Viper's Lair
Bjorn3D
nV News
Overclockers Online
ProClockers
Tec Central
Tweaknews
Virtual-Hideout
 

 

 

Chenbro XPIDER Gaming "Bomb" Case
 

Manufacturer: Chenbro
Supplied by: ATACOM
Street Price: $55

By Dean Barker (9/13/2003)

Introduction

Chenbro's XPIDER (not to be confused with Aspire's X-Pider) is aimed dead at folks on a budget who still demand certain features.  The Chenbro XPIDER looks to fit the bill on this well, being priced at $55.  Today, we are fortunate enough to take a peak at this economy case that has a bit of panache'.  We want to thank ATACOM for sending the XPIDER over for us to play with and make this review possible.

Normally we jump right into a review with specs, which we are going to do now.  I hate to begin a review off by popping the manufacturer but this deserves a firm slap on the hand.  Some months back we noticed occasional discrepancies as to size and weight with what products were billed as and what they did actually weigh or measure.  Hence, you will more often than not see us list dimensions and weight as "observed dimensions" in the specs we list.  As in, we weighed and measured it ourselves.  For 95% of you this really doesn't matter much but the other 5% are the folks looking for a specific size case for a specific purpose.  Notice below what Chenbro claims the case size is and what we measured.  Need I say more?

Specifications

  • Claimed Dimensions: 465 (D) x 198 (W) x 425 (H) mm

  • Observed Dimensions: 500 (D) x 200 (W) x  445 (H) mm

  • Size: Mid Tower

  • Material: Steel

  • Colors: Available in Silver/Black and Orange/Black

  • Observed weight: 8.2kg

  • Drive Bays 4 x 5.25"; 1 x 3.5"; 2 x 3.5" (Hidden)

  • USB x 2 front accessible ports

  • Mic In / Speaker Out port

  • Case Fans: front can accept an 80 or 92mm fan, rear can accept an 80, 92 or 120mm fan.  (80mm rear can included.)

  • PSU: none included



NEXT


 



Legal Notice and Fine Print

All names and trademarks used herein are the properties of their respective owners.  The Overclocker Cafe
and its staff accept no responsibility for any damages incurred from deviating from your computer's factory settings.  All forms of correspondence sent in are viewed as eligible for public view unless mutually agreed to previously as otherwise.  The name Overclocker Cafe', its images and site specific logos are the Trademark and Servicemark of the Overclocker Cafe' Company. Williamsburg, Virginia.

All rights reserved.  All pages Copyright © 2000 - 2011 by R. Dean Barker.

Graphics
by Navin Amarasuriya

[ Privacy Policy ]